Location : Three (3) in Cotabato Radio Room
Salary: Equivalent of G2
Duration: Service Contract (minimum 6 months) – This is non-UN staff type of contract
The post shall be under the supervision of the UN Security Adviser (UNSA)
Description of duties
Operation of the 24 hours a day, seven days a week (24/7) UN Emergency Communications System – ECS
- Monitoring of the UN ECS radio traffic and maintaining radio discipline
- Conducting Radio checks and reporting the compliance
- Reporting radio users who do not comply with the Radio SOPs
- Reporting compliance with radio checks, technical problems etc. to UNSA
- Providing emergency Communications assistance for UN staff per radio, telephone, text etc. by informing and directing emergency services.
- Coordinating emergency measures by radio and other telecommunications media
- Broadcasting emergency messages by radio and on text messaging system
Radio Operators should be prepared to work a rotating shift of eight hours a day that will include weekends on a rotational basis.
- Graduation from a relevant technical training course (2-year program) or technical university degree
- Minimum of 1 year background or experience in radio communications
- Proficiency in Computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc)
- English proficiency both written and oral
- With NBI and Police Clearance
- Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts including night shifts
- Dedication to the United Nations principles and demonstrated ability to work in harmony with persons of different national and cultural background; UN experience is an asset
- Personal commitment to peace and reconciliation
Interested applicants are required to complete the UN Personal History Form (P.11), available in the UNDP website www.undp.org.ph/jobs/ and send via courier or fax to :
Procurement and Administrative Unit
United Nations Development Programme
30th Floor, Yuchengco Tower RCBC Plaza,
Ayala corner Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue
Fax: (632) 9010200 / 8897177
Indicating the Post Title on or before 09 February 2009. The Kindly note that only completed P.11 forms will be reviewed.
Please note that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The United Nations Organization strongly encourages applications from qualified female candidates. The UN-offices are a non-smoking environment. UNDP is an equal opportunity employer.